Sales Executive, New Verticals
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Thursday, June 15, 2023
About The TeamThis role will be a part of the French New Verticals team in France and is a great opportunity to demonstrate your sales skills and abilities in order to expand the number of merchants that work with Uber Eats.Who are we looking for? Someone who is natural at selling, passionate about food and Uber, and enjoys negotiating to build the best partnerships! The primary focus will be bringing on new small-and-medium sized merchants (Cheese shops, Butchers, Bakeries, Green Grocers, Convenience Stores, Liquor Stores, etc.) that fit our partnership criteria, and you'll use your skills in emailing, cold-calling, and driving internal processes to set up our partnerships for success. About The RoleThe Account Executive role calls for a rare combination of stunning sales skills, exceptional relationship management, and excellent project management skills. As an Account Executive, you will be in charge of expanding the number of partners in the New Verticals business. You will be the main point of contact from the start of commercial negotiations until the achievement of an agreement with key players. From the first discussions, your role is key: commercial discussions, implementation of a pilot, launch of stores, sales maximization through optimization of operational metrics and marketing, to eventually unlock a national deal. If you want to have a strong impact on the growth of Uber Eats New Verticals in France, with important responsibilities, this role is for you. What You Will Do
- Business development: Prospect the right decision makers within a business to identify new business opportunities and bring an innovative approach to prospecting and acquisition, with a customer-oriented mindset.
- Negotiation & Deal making: Manage contract negotiations hand in hand, aimed at establishing the foundation of a strong working relationship with our partners, including sustainable economics for both parties.
- Stakeholder management: Work closely with the Account Management team to innovate on our ability to grow our business & form best-in-class customer relationships. You will be the main point of contact for the new partners. You will create trustworthy relationships with your key accounts, significantly influence their delivery performance, and therefore be responsible for their success.
- You will act as an ambassador for Uber Eats New Verticals' mission, brand and product: You should thrive in an "all hands on deck" environment, love solving problems, and above all be passionate about Uber Eats.
- 3+ years experience in a sales / account management role
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to obtain the necessary information from the prospect, while also ensuring a mutually beneficial conversation.
- To be driven and excited about a fast-paced team environment.
- Excellent organization, project management and time management skills, and ability to take initiative.
- Highly autonomous - able to work with minimal oversight
- Ability to take initiative and easily adapt to a constantly-changing work environment.
- Be proactive and build positive and lasting relationships with our grocery partners, bringing them added value and helping them to reach their potential on Uber Eats
- Problem-Solving Skill: When you come across a problem, you work hard at solving it and think outside the box.
- Data-based decision-making, a solid business sense supported by a structured way of thinking will allow you to measure the performance and financial viability of your partners.
- Hustle: Take ownership of Uber Eats Grocery growth in France, do whatever it takes to get the job done, delight users and grocery partners
- Fluent in both French and English