Senior Staff Android Engineer - Rider
Sunnyvale, CA, USA
Posted on Monday, June 19, 2023
About The RoleSr Staff Engineers at Uber are expected to have a deep impact on a wide variety of technology decisions, spanning many projects across an entire org, and in many cases multiple orgs. We are looking for a technologist who brings experience in multiple domains to bear on building mobile applications at scale, and who ideally has in-depth knowledge of many mobile technologies, platforms, tools, frameworks and best practices. About The TeamAs a Mobile Sr Staff Engineer on the Rider Core Team, you’ll provide technical leadership to all mobile engineers at Uber and influence product strategy on our flagship Uber app, that directly impacts millions of lives each day.This is a unique opportunity for a seasoned engineer and strong collaborator who can work with talented people in product, design, data science, operations, and engineering to help build our next-generation consumer experience products. It’s a very high impact role where you will interface with all major product & platform teams at Uber. The role requires strong communication, leadership and technical chops. You enjoy building solutions and guiding others equally passionately. What You Will Do
- Provide technical leadership to a passionate, experienced, and diverse engineering team. Design and build the next major generations of the flagship Uber app.
- Develop an excellent understanding of Uber’s business strategy and goals, and the Rider org’s product and design goals. You will be one of our key leaders expected to identify and solve our highest impact, highly complex problems.
- See the big picture and identify inefficiencies and opportunities for meaningful improvements across the entire Rider org and Uber as a whole. Drive alignment on how to tackle these and lead the delivery of high leverage solutions for them to have the widest impact.
- Raise the bar to make Uber engineering truly best-in-class by improving best practices, producing exemplary code, documentation, automated tests and thorough and precise monitoring.
- Sr Staff level engineers at Uber are exceptional mentors. They are trusted advisors for both team members and leaders alike.
- 10+ years experience in successfully designing and building large engineering projects, including launching more than one generation of a Mobile application to millions of users.
- Experience with Android or iOS application development (Java, Kotlin, Swift, ObjectiveC).
- Familiarity with modern mobile frameworks (Rx, IoC/DI, analytics, A/B testing, etc) and tools (e.g. build systems like Bazel).
- Strong product focus and acumen.
- Experience creating and leading technical architecture for a large consumer focused app.
- Proven ability to develop other strong senior engineers into Staff engineers, operating and leading their own initiatives with org-wide scope and high impact.
- Experience designing and building server-side APIs and components that interface with mobile applications.