Bugs & Outages Analyst - Tier 2
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Thursday, July 20, 2023
#Greatmindsdontthinkalike: At Uber, we take pride in our diversity and working environment that sees you as more than just a person that can do the job, but a unique individual that can level up our organisation with a perspective only you can offer. Uber provides a truly open culture that encourages all to voice their thoughts. About The TeamThe APAC COE team believes in a #GoGetIt approach. Our successes are attributed to our people who are relentless to help others in any way we can. We handle critical concerns from safety to escalations, and make sure that the resolution matters to the customer - making each member an eventual promoter of Uber. The right time is always “now” when joining Uber and the COE; it has always been moving towards greater heights as we support a lot of markets - allowing you to learn every single day. About The RoleFix Experience is a global team that takes full ownership of production Bug and Outages and drives them all the way to resolution in real-time. The team serves two key functions while bridging the gap between our support and engineering organizations.
- We triage agent reports of possible bugs and outages to identify system issues by deeper investigations, reproducing the issue, and escalating them to the appropriate team to drive resolution in a timely manner.
- We also handle incident response protocols during outages to ensure that key partners are updated as well as we provide the support needed to connect the dots.
- Triage the potential bugs and report valid bugs to engineering
- Reproduce the issue, use investigative tools and dig through data to determine validity of the issue
- Demonstrate strong ownership on the potential bug, influence engineers and go above and beyond to get a clear resolution in a timely manner
- Identify team ownership and involve the accurate engineering resource; raise outages right away by paging on-call engineer
- Proactively and responsibly drive all communication with tech, product and ops teams to ensure all bugs are rectified in least possible time and take ownership for coordinating the same
- Improve troubleshooting guide for the team so other agents can utilize resources to reproduce the issues they triage
- Continue to improve the reproduction capabilities in the team by building domain expertise
- Generate and maintain reports, queries and insights for bug reproduction, trends, and overall domain and process improvement of the team
- Take charge of crisis response by being involved in on-call rotation
- Support engineering in impact assessment of outages
- Manage outages effectively both for communication and issue resolution
- Develop, build, and maintain models/alerts to effectively predict bugs and outages in partnership with engineering and other teams
- Build subject matter mastery and expertise in Uber tools, apps, and key product domains
- Train/Mentor other team members on bug identification, investigation, partner influence, and insights
- Cross-collaborate and implement new process or framework to support overall business need or improvement
- 2+ years of experience in bug identification, triaging, bug reproduction, debugging and outage identification; or IT incident management
- Or 2+ years of hands-on experience in Software / Application tech issues investigation, problem identification, reporting observations to the tech team and getting them fixed
- Or 2+ years of data analytics/science experience with insights, and intermediate SQL and coding experience
- Or 2+ years of Uber Operations experience specializing in retail, heavy investigations, end to end support to customer concern resolution; and heavy mastery of Uber domain, app, and tools
- Or combination of skills above
- Prior experience in technical troubleshooting
- Intermediate data analysis and processing skills using spreadsheets with formulas and SQL
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Technical skills: basic SQL query and/or coding experience, intermediate sheets experience, proficient in Google Suites
- Excellent communication and critical thinking/advance problem solving skills
- Good organizational skills and an ownership mindset and can-do attitude
- Schedule flexibility to work early, late or weekend shifts
- Knowledge of web software and mobile user QA testing methods
- Knowledge of GraphQL &/or Lucid Charts is a plus
- We provide our employees with monthly Uber credits to use against the full value of Eats & Rides (whichever applicable in your market) plus a 17% discount (excluding non-restaurant food deliveries) on orders through our App (which exists even when your credits expire).
- Family comes first, and our paid parental leave (minimum 18 weeks full pay with additional benefits or paid leave depending on your location) is accessible for all new parents from day 1 (with no tenure requirement). New parents at Uber will also receive access to Cleo, flexible return to work options, and additional Uber credits during their period of leave (because let's face it, who wants to cook with a little one around?)
- Starting a family is a magical journey - At the same time, it can be challenging and stressful. Employees are eligible to reimburse costs relating to infertility treatment, egg/sperm freezing, adoption and surrogacy up to a lifetime benefit limit.
- Personal health and wellbeing - depending on location, you can access a healthcare plan or reimbursement for a plan of your choice up to a nominated value. You will also receive a monthly wellbeing allowance to use throughout the year across a range of items including; gym / fitness memberships, mindfulness apps, fitness equipment, ski passes and more. We also provide Employee Assistance Programs (EAP) that connect you to resources & support.
- Uber has always been a flexible organisation and COVID has only amplified this. We have a hybrid approach with a mix of in-office and remote working.
- When you are in the office, we have an amazing range of facilities accessible for all Uber employees. Our dedicated facilities teams host regular events and opportunities to connect, as well as arranging the food program; catered lunch / breakfast (location dependant) and you’ll find our kitchens fully stocked with a variety of healthy (& not so healthy) snacks & drinks.