Legal Counsel, Ads & Marketing Legal, APAC
Marketing & Communications, Legal
Posted on Wednesday, August 2, 2023
#GreatMindsDon’tThinkAlike At Uber, we take pride in our diversity and working environment that sees you as more than just a person that can do the job, but a unique individual that can level up our organization with a perspective only you can offer. Uber provides a truly open culture that encourages all to voice their thoughts. About The TeamThe Ads & Marketing Legal team partners with the rapidly growing Global Ads business, to advise on Digital Media, Consumer Protection, and Marketing & Advertising Law issues.We #SeetheForestandtheTrees by being able to know the details and the technical legal issues while also keeping in mind the bigger picture of what the business is trying to achieve. We look for team members who embody the highest standards of integrity, ethics, and accountability, a #GoGetIt attitude and enthusiasm about Uber! About The RoleWe are looking for an exceptional Ads lawyer who has expertise in advising on complex ad tech, ad sales, and new media issues. You'll work closely with teams globally throughout Uber, including Legal, Operations, Sales, Product, Policy, and Comms to play a critical part in our business.This position will be based in Sydney, Australia and will report to the Central US Ads & Marketing Legal team. Your Impact In Role
- Support Uber’s growing global advertising publisher business in our mobility and delivery apps, on tablets, cartops, and other surfaces with a focus on ad tech and ad sales counseling;
- As the Ads Legal POC for APAC, bring your expertise and experience in the advertising business to bear on new product launches, policies, and content, targeting, and data collection issues.
- Draft and negotiate key contracts such as insertion orders for digital advertising sales, IAB addenda, IOs, ad agency agreements, upfront agreements, and programmatic sales agreements, that touch almost every line of business at Uber;
- Reporting into the central US Ads & Marketing Legal team, proactively collaborate with members of the APAC Product & Commercial Legal team, local lawyers, Privacy Legal team, and business partners, with strong ability to build relationships, gain credibility, and partner with others who may think differently than you do.
- A minimum of 6+ years PQE of legal experience, particularly in Ad Sales and/or Ad Tech legal.
- Be an APAC qualified lawyer. In-house experience is a plus.
- Work fluently in English (additional language skills in Mandarin or Japanese are a bonus).
- Experience advising on consumer protection, and marketing legal issues & advertising campaigns across mediums and with international stakeholders in cross functional teams; excellent business judgment, ability to build credibility, great communication, and interpersonal skills.