Sr. Product Manager Hailables (India)
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Saturday, August 5, 2023
All Taxis on Uber by 2025" → This is the vision for our global Hailables program. "Hailables" are vehicles that are usually street-hailed, such as autorickshaws, motos, and taxis. The current hailables industry accounts for roughly twice the size of Uber’s mobility business, representing a significant growth area for Uber.Our team owns the Hailables program - a high visibility, billion-dollar growth bet for Uber. We own the end-to-end rider and driver experiences for these products, partnering closely with product and eng teams from multiple areas: core rider experience, core driver experience, marketplace fares, matching, fulfillment, etc. About The RoleAs a Product Manager on the 1P Hailables team, you’ll need to deeply understand the end-to-end experience of our three product lines, taxi, auto, and moto, and identify problems/opportunities to improve this experience. The features you will build will range from 0->1 products to incremental improvements to our feature set.Some of the key problem spaces you’ll be working on are:
- How to provide a delightful experience for riders and drivers on 2-wheeler ridesharing products (i.e., Uber Moto). Example of project: handsfree trip experience
- How to integrate the Uber app seamlessly with the existing taxi driver experience (multiple devices in-car, various sources of demand, etc.). Example of project: taxi meter integrations
- Define a product vision for the team and identify near- and long-term initiatives to build your product roadmap spanning all trip categories.
- Translate user needs and insights into product requirements by distilling user problems, writing hypotheses, and describing desired outcomes. Lead your cross-functional team to make them a reality.
- Represent the global experience by understanding the differences between different regions and partner with local teams to make those solutions a part of your roadmap.
- Build and foster a strong team culture, focusing on execution and results.
- Clearly communicate product plans, benefits, and results to a spectrum of audiences, ranging from internal partner teams to our users.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in product, design, or related fields
- Stellar design instincts and product taste. This is a user-focused role, so experience delivering highly successful and creative user-facing products is a must
- Experience working across multiple teams and managing stakeholders
- Experience working on mobile experiences and consumer products
- Experience using data to align teams and drive strategic decisions. You always get the data you need and distill it into insightful stories.
- Entrepreneurial experience (startup or smaller business offshoots in a corporate environment, and a curiosity for learning)
- True passion for Uber's mission, our products, and the company's hybrid technology/operations nature
- A "Go Get It" mindset. You are biased toward action, a great collaborator, and constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on
- Customer Empathy - Think about the "why" before the "what".
- A high bar across the board -- from your own contributions, to the people you work with, to the products you work on
- A never-ending desire to grow and learn. You never give up and set a high bar across the board, from your own contribution to the people you work with.