Manager, US International Tax
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Saturday, August 5, 2023
In Finance, we work hand-in-hand with leaders across the company to ensure smooth, disciplined execution of strategic business objectives. Our Tax & Reporting team builds scalable and well-controlled processes to support timely and accurate financial, statutory reporting, and ensure compliance with regional and local tax regulations. About The RoleUber is looking to add a US International Tax Manager in our US direct tax team. This role will lead the US international tax matters of Uber’s rapidly expanding business. This position offers an opportunity to join a talented and diversified tax team and make an immediate impact. What You'll Do
- Oversee the US international tax calculation for quarterly tax provision purposes, including Subpart F, GILTI, FDII, 250,163(j) and BEAT
- Manage the internal teams and external advisors in the preparation of US international forms and the timely execution of the relevant tax filings, including Forms 5471, 8858 and 8865.
- Provide US international tax guidance on tax technical issues and partner with various internal stakeholders, such as tax planning team and regional tax teams, to develop and implement tax strategies.
- Strategize process improvements, automation and collaboration with COE teams in India to drive efficiency.
- Manage and mentor an excellent team of tax professionals.
- Collaborate with key cross-functional partners and leaders in Accounting, Finance, Legal and many other internal teams.
- Manage the overall execution of internal controls and SOX compliance for the US income tax functions and communicate with external auditors.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in public accounting firms and/or multinational companies
- Excellent tax research and organization skills
- Experience with OneSource and Alteryx
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to communicate cross-functionally with both tax and non-tax professionals
- Ability to develop and sustain relationships internally and cross-functionally
- Experience in a high-growth, international environment
- Ability to coordinate work within diverse and geographically dispersed teams and to deliver through to completion
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a high-growth, fast-paced international environment