Sr Staff Engineer, Backend - Grocery (Chile)
Santiago, Santiago Metropolitan Region, Chile
Posted on Thursday, August 10, 2023
About The RoleWe are looking for an experienced Senior Staff Engineer to lead the design and development of systems that grow Uber’s Grocery business. You will build a large-scale and reliable platform that supports Uber's delivery products. You will partner with engineering groups including backend, product managers, product designers and data scientists.
- You will design, code, test, and launch backend features and product features at global scale
- Influence, define and own the vision and roadmap for the product.
- Raise the code quality bar and define the technical direction for the Grocery business Collaborate with other members of the team to ship complex projects fast and with quality.
- Coach and mentor junior and new team members.
- PhD or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field AND 4-years full-time Software Engineering work experience OR 7-years full-time Software Engineering work experience, WHICH INCLUDES 4-years total technical software engineering experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Programming language (e.g. C, C++, Java, Python, or Go)
- Note the 4-years total of specialized software engineering experience may have been gained through education and full-time work experience, additional training, coursework, research, or similar (OR some combination of these). The years of specialized experience are not necessarily in addition to the years of Education & full-time work experience indicated.
- Distributed systems
- Product engineering
- Scalability engineering