T&E Cards Program Lead
Chicago Ridge, IL, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 17, 2023
About The RoleThe Cards Program Lead within the Travel & Expense Team strives to deliver efficient services with high customer satisfaction while improving policy compliance and financial incentives!This role strategically oversees the global cards programs including individual corporate cards; procurement cards; central travel accounts & virtual cards supporting our internal and external customers and suppliers. The role involves driving global project execution & implementations; process creation, improvement & automation; resource allocation; stakeholder engagement; supplier management; service delivery and customer experience! This role will have 2 direct reports & an offshore BPO service delivery team partnering with a broad range of regional and global teams to deliver on program objectives.The ideal candidate will be challenged with driving automation of operational processes in collaboration with our FinTech teams & completing digital transformation initiatives, partnering with card suppliers to evolve & enhance the payments programs. What You'll Do
- Design & implement the global cards program strategy, positioning for technological and digital transformation (Automation; Virtual Payments; Digital Wallet).
- Lead program operations & drive process efficiencies within corporate payments (Individual CC; Lodge/ CTA; PCard; VCA).
- Lead change management initiatives and business communications.
- Build strong global supplier relationships with card / wallet providers and other travel and expense partners.
- Analyze performance of credit card providers and lead SRM activities.
- Reinforce standard operating procedures and policies across card programs to drive compliance.
- Optimize card program adoption; find opportunities for enhancement to improve efficiency, lower operational costs, optimize rebate incentives, and drive superior user experience.
- Lead JIRA service desk management card inquiries (SLAs, macros).
- Develop and maintain workflows and processes to enable appropriate financial controls.
- Subject matter expertise in transaction processing & approval procedures.
- Oversee the delivery of central card reporting and reconciliation files.
- Lead & implement card policy updates & changes.
- Work closely across FinOps & Finance to support program management & proactively manage and resolve business and operational issues in an innovative, efficient and effective manner (Accounting, Treasury, Procurement, Accounts Payable).
- Partner with FinOps / Finance to manage query resolution/ compliance and identify audit deficiencies; areas of risk & savings opportunities (Accounts Payables, Expense, IA, FRM).
- Work with the global reporting and analytics team to help develop insightful analytics; identifying cost savings initiatives & supporting global projects.
- Partner with the T&E teams to support new program launches and ad-hoc projects.
- Lead a diverse, high impact team that is focused on mission, goals, results, customer service and doing the right thing for the company.
- Consistently lead cohesive team meetings that evokes strategy, inclusiveness, accountability, empowerment and growth.
- Effectively mentor, train and upskill team members; placing high priority in professional development, goal setting, recognition, and retention.
- Define program priorities and strategically allocate resources for short and long term goals; forward looking across the team structure to ensure appropriate staffing needs are taken into account for optimal service delivery and project execution.
- Coordinates projects with internal teams to establish priorities and ensure timely delivery.
- Produces and shares insights from a variety of tools.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field
- 5+ years' experience managing card programs, preferably in a global shared services environment
- Experience working within a management role within the Payments industry focusing on cards program implementation
- Customer oriented, hands-on, strong work ethic and can-do mindset
- Strong project management skills, capable of driving multiple projects and working in a high-paced environment
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to partner cross-functionally across all levels and with third-party teams
- Prior experience managing, coaching and mentoring team members
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including experience in presenting insights to employees, internal departments & providing key information and status to cross-functional partners
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills
- The ability to simultaneously manage multiple initiatives while making a day-to-day difference
- Ability to challenge the status quo and seek dynamic operational, strategic and commercial solutions