Client Partner, Uber Advertising Japan
Marketing & Communications
Posted on Sunday, August 20, 2023
#GreatMindsDon’tThinkAlike At Uber, we take pride in our diversity and working environment that sees you as more than just a person that can do the job, but a unique individual that can level up our organization with a perspective only you can offer. Uber provides a truly open culture that encourages all to voice their thoughts. About The TeamUber Advertising’s vision is to offer the most marketplace-centric advertising to connect Uber's platform users (eaters, riders, and earners) with advertisers. Uber Advertising’s platform brings together its mobility and delivery channels for performance and brand campaigns, enabling advertisers to engage with our consumers through the entire marketing funnel - from awareness through purchase to loyalty and advocacy for Uber users.#GoGetIt embodies the attitude and mindset of Delivery at Uber. We need to ensure that we are growing all sides of our marketplace (merchants, driver partners), so that we can provide the best customer experience possible for our consumers, as well as facilitating growth and earnings for our merchants and drivers. About The RoleWe have set up a new Uber Advertising division to spearhead the growth of our advertising business. By building a dedicated advertising organization and a suite of advertising products, Uber Advertising will enable merchants and brands to reach and convert its highly engaged user base across its Mobility and Delivery platforms in 32 markets.As an Ads Client Partner, you will be responsible for building mutually beneficial partnerships with our largest Restaurant partners in Japan. You will own the ads sales strategy for a portfolio of top restaurant brands and drive adoption of an expanding suite of ads offerings across our Mobility and Delivery platforms. You will work closely with our Delivery Account Management teams and Ads Account Managers to consistently deliver on our partners’ marketing objectives. You will report to the Head of Ad Sales, JP. Your Impact In Role
- Create long-term value for Uber’s Restaurant Partners. In collaboration with our Delivery Account Management team, you’ll develop and implement ads partnership strategies that deliver on your Restaurant partners’ marketing objectives and exceed quarterly growth goals
- Increase preference and unlock stakeholder influence by building executive relationships across Director, VP and C-level marketing decision makers within client organizations. Partner with media and creative agencies to unlock new opportunities.
- Connect advertising return on investment to broader business outcomes. Be an indispensable partner across Enterprise Delivery Sales and the cross-functional Product/ Marketing/ Operations teams to ensure we are delivering on partner needs.
- Make meaningful partnerships built on trust. Employ critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills to navigate relationships and difficult partner conversations. Use data-driven storytelling to prove impact.
- Move the advertising industry forward. Expand ads product adoption across our Mobility and Delivery offerings as they launch. Clearly communicate the value of our newest ads products with a lens of creativity to differentiate our offerings
- Develop new ways of working. Help refine pitch narratives that scale across our global Ads team and be ready to wear many hats to build our business. Jump in to help your teammates when the need emerges.
- Improve client outcomes. Act as the voice of the customer to help inform future Ads product roadmaps.
- Significant experience in end-to-end Enterprise / Large Customer Digital Advertising Sales
- Experience selling various advertising formats & complex digital marketing solutions to large, matrixed enterprise brands and organizations & their media/creative agency partners
- Ability to build and implement successful strategic sales plans
- Creative storyteller with the ability to use data to quantify opportunities and influence decision makers
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Sense of urgency, resourcefulness, and a go-getter mentality. You are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and navigating ambiguity
- What the Candidate Will Do ----
- Ability to build and execute strategic sales plans that result in success for our partners and Uber
- Creative storyteller with the ability to utilize data to quantify opportunities and influence decision makers
- Strong leadership ability
- Excellent listening, communication, and organizational skills
- Speed, resourcefulness, and a go-getter mentality. You are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and navigating ambiguity