Senior Security Engineer - Cloud Security
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2023
The security organization at Uber is dedicated to enabling safe and secure innovation while protecting the communities we serve both online and in the physical world. Our teams are responsible for protecting both people and their data across intersections of the digital and physical world. The primary objective for Uber Engineering Security team is to enable the technical ambitions of the company while maintaining the highest standards of security and privacy for our customers and partners. As cybersecurity threats evolve, so do we. About The RoleUber is seeking a Senior Security Engineer to join our Cloud Security team. As a team member, you will help us scale the traditional model of finding vulnerabilities manually to a fully automated and autonomous system. In this role, you will be tasked with designing, implementing and deploying multi-cloud security automation capable of identifying security vulnerabilities within our cloud runtime environment. You’ll use your SWE skills to raise the security bar across all apps at Uber running in the cloud. This is a unique opportunity to work with both senior and new-grad engineers, make a real impact on Uber’s security posture, and continue to up-level your own software engineering skill while building your security knowledge. What You'll Do
- Design end to end software features and systems for Cloud Security Baseline Measurement, Cloud IAM, hybrid public-private cloud infra, and related cloud security tooling
- Collaborate and consult with multiple engineering teams and other functional stakeholders from Privacy, Security, Compliance, Infrastructure, and Product for integration into our cloud security platform
- Design and develop new systems to empower fast data-driven decisions
- Build distributed backend systems serving real-time analytics features at Uber scale.
- Mentor junior engineers
- BS/BE degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related fields.
- 5+ years overall experience and 3+ years in security engineering
- Hands-on experience with Go/Java/C/Python (we use Go!)
- A depth of knowledge in PaaS datastore technologies including RDBMS & NoSQL
- Experience building security engineering tooling in one or more public Cloud provider technologies: GCP, OCI, AWS, Azure, or private Cloud equivalents
- Master’s (or Ph.D) in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
- Experience with building real time data pipelines
- Experience implementing REST APIs and Distributed Messaging / Kafka
- Experience designing, implementing, and deploying production-quality systems
- Experience building out integrations with open source and vendor products
- Strong problem solving, service architecture, and coding skills