Media Lead - Japan
Marketing & Communications
Posted on Monday, August 28, 2023
About The RoleAs Media Lead, you will help manage brand media planning and execution for Uber & Uber Eats - focused primarily on Japan with additional international responsibilities.The Media team is responsible for delivering long-term brand growth, in partnership with Marketing and our agency village. We achieve this by running best-in-class media campaigns optimised for premium environments, high-attention metrics and sophisticated audience segmentation. Your Impact in Role
- Manage the media agency and ensure their resources are allocated appropriately and focused on Uber priorities.
- Advise marketing managers during the media planning process and ensure all paid media is allocated in the most effective and efficient way.
- Provide expert technical media advice to elevate work and ensure innovation runs through the entire plan;
- Monitor campaign performance and ensure it is optimised throughout the flight based on the metrics and KPIs that are driving decisions.
- Lead and deliver on strategic regional and/or global media projects that enhance Uber’s use and effectiveness with paid media.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (Analytics, Creative, Research) to ensure expert input and advice is integrated throughout the media planning process.
- 8+ years of experience in media planning and buying (above-the-line, digital and programmatic).
- Deep familiarity with the Japanese media landscape.
- Experience with media measurement and reporting methods.
- Understanding of macro measurement approaches (marketing mix modelling, geo-holdouts).
- Previous responsibility for managing large media budgets.
- Fluency in Japanese and strong level of English.
- A combination of media agency and/or client-side experience.
- Flexible, with the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment working with multiple stakeholders.
- A keen eye for detail and a strong bias for action.
- Confident with agile working methods such as Google Workspace and Slack.
- Hands-on use of all digital media platforms & channels.
- Positive can-do attitude who can find creative solutions.
- Previous experience working in a matrixed organisation.