Senior Operations Manager (Marketplace) - Uber Eats, Spain
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2023
About The RoleUber Eats is looking for a Senior Operations Manager in Spain for its Central team to help manage the third-party Marketplace for Uber Eats.The Marketplace team’s mission is to ensure that customers in Spain have a reliable and convenient service at all times in all places and across all business verticals (Food delivery, Grocery and Direct)! Some of our KPIs include Completion Rate, Cost per Trip and Timeliness. This is a hugely challenging task that requires our brightest minds to solve complex product and operational challenges. We use data to inform everything we do: identifying and implementing initiatives to improve the performance and health of the marketplace, optimising product pricing and launching new product features. The role will focus on at least one of these areas, but you will have the opportunity to work across various projects, according to business priorities. What You'll Do
- Analytics - Use data analysis, business modelling and experimentation to improve decision-making and impact business outcomes across Spain;
- Problem-Solving - You will work on projects that improve marketplace efficiency by adjusting various system levers
- Cross-functional collaboration - Engage with a number of functions across the business - policy, communications, product, marketing, legal and customer support
- Project management and execution - You will need to plan and handle multiple projects and implement them in a constantly evolving, complex environment
- Product Launch Support - You will collaborate closely with our product and regional teams to test and roll out new features that improve the Uber app. You will maintain links between on-the-ground teams and our Product teams based in San Francisco, New York and Amsterdam. You will be the voice of the Spanish market, helping to prioritize future product changes, and you’ll help launch new product features each week across your market.
- At least 5 years of professional experience, ideally in a start-up, consulting or in finance.
- Experience with quantitative data analysis, deep measurable insights, modelling, and experiments and are knowledgeable in SQL.
- An appetite for data and are comfortable with numbers.
- You love to build and optimize rigorous processes. Finding scalable solutions and being a champion of operational excellence are interesting to you.
- A strategic & creative approach - you will solve complex problems that will be essential to the marketplace efficiency.
- A strong collaborative approach, good communication skills and a desire to work with cross-functional teams.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and are comfortable with ambiguity.
- Fluency in English since you will be interacting with team members in Spain, but also with people from across the globe. Spanish is not required but is a plus.
- Adaptability and autonomy - you are adept at balancing priorities and projects in a continuously moving environment
- Collected and calm under pressure - you have superb organizational and interpersonal skills, integrity, and great follow-through on tasks, and operate well with tight timeframes
- Open, curious and eager to learn - you are interested in all things and can build up skills and knowledge fast to become a recognized subject matter expert amongst your peers.