Strategy & Planning Lead, Mobility
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2023
At ANZ Mobility, we #GoGetIt, you’ll get to work on challenging problems that require deep strategic thinking to deliver for our customers and make magic in the Uber marketplace. Your work will impact customers here and globally. It could involve building a strategy for targeting high value customers, building a more sustainable future for mobility, to discovering the best way to increase rider engagement through our membership program. This isn’t about cutting and pasting from a playbook, it’s about writing the playbook. About The RoleLooking to change the way Australians & Kiwis move for the better? As part of the Uber ANZ Mobility Strategy & Planning team you’ll get to design the future, while making sure we are running the best possible business today.You will do this by partnering with business leaders to provide strategic, operational and analytical support. We’re looking for someone who can set a vision and solve problems from 30,000 feet as well as dive deep into the details. Working across different functions and geographies will mean you will have considerable visibility of business operations and opportunities to drive meaningful business outcomes.As a senior member of the team, you will also get to sit across and lead a variety of complex and high impact projects. This role is an excellent opportunity for applicants who enjoy both getting into the detail and thinking about big-picture strategy, who are keen to own large programs of work, and who are eager to leverage the professional development and learning opportunities from frequent direct engagement with senior leadership across the business. The Impact You'll Have
- Strategy & Forensics: Develop strategies, business cases and recommendations based on your insights and analytics. You will be working on identifying the next big growth opportunities, articulate winning models, and plan to win.
- Strategic project delivery: Drive or support key strategic projects. You will lead different functions (Operations, Marketing, Policy, Legal, Tax, etc…), from initial scoping phases (opportunity sizing, customer proposition), all the way down to implementation.
- Planning, Delivery and Reporting: Build, run and improve the ongoing governance of ANZ Mobility team, including annual planning.
- Chief of Staff: provide general support to the General Manager and the Mobility Leadership team
- Proven Track Record: Experience in strategy consulting / professional services, or in-house strategy role in a fast-paced environment.
- Strategic Problem solving: Effectively resolving issues that involve people, things, and processes by using logic and common sense. Identifying the root cause of a problem as opposed to focusing on the symptoms. Connecting problems and insights to the bigger picture. Exceptional Excel / data management skills and general financial acumen. SQL proficiency is a bonus, but not required
- Planning and Organisation: Appropriately prioritizing and planning of projects and/or tasks that maximize the benefit for the organization. Setting up and maintaining systems to appropriately structure and keep track of tasks and projects.
- Stakeholder Management: Engaging, informing, and gaining the support of various stakeholders. Taking time to build helpful relationships; earning trust of others within the organization through strong situational awareness and reliability.
- Outstanding presentation skills with a unique ability to build polished slide decks and facilitate thought-provoking workshops appropriate for our most senior stakeholders.