Head of Centre of Excellence
Posted on Monday, September 4, 2023
#Greatmindsdontthinkalike At Uber, we take pride in our diversity and working environment that sees you as more than just a person that can do the job, but a unique individual that can level up our organisation with a perspective only you can offer. Uber provides a truly open culture that encourages all to voice their thoughts. About The TeamCommunity Operations (CommOps) is pioneering how Uber interacts with users around the globe. We support all Uber business lines and propositions (Mobility verticals like Rides, Hailables; Delivery verticals like Eats and Grocery, and specific propositions like Uber for Business) and cover a broad range of activities including customer service, platform safety, new partner onboarding, sales, compliance.In EMEA, we lead these activities in 30+ countries and in 20+ languages, in large-scale and highly nuanced market environments and operational complexity. We are very proud of being the most geographically diversified team in Uber, and welcome you to be part of our high performing, diversified and inclusive team! About The RoleWe’re looking for an outstanding Head of Centre of Excellence (CoE) in Lisbon, Portugal. This centre has a team of 300+ Community Specialists providing coverage in 6 languages and services the broader EMEA region in multiple areas such as Support, Account Management, Safety, Fraud, Compliance and more. Your Impact In Role
- Own the strategy, operational targets, financial, and overall performance of your site, creating world-class support operations, and maintaining high-quality service and profitability of the operation.
- Take charge of leadership, growth, and development of a team of managers, and senior managers. Making sure they develop our young talent and build solid career paths for them. Motivating them to continually up-level their results, and expectations, and stretch for increasingly higher levels of impact across all core operational metrics.
- It is critical that you lead teams to ensure that riders, driver-partners, couriers and restaurants receive high-quality, emotionally intelligent support.
- Extensive experience in Customer Operations or Shared Service Centre leadership experience.
- Proven track record of excellent people management experience with demonstrated ability to effectively manage, set team goals, develop people to their highest levels of performance, and guide your teams through challenging managerial situations.
- Strong experience in operating in multi-lingual / market complexity
- Strong planning and organisational skills; attention to detail
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Exceptional verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and meet targets in stressful situations