Product Data Scientist, Payments
Product, Data Science
Posted on Monday, September 4, 2023
About The RoleWe are looking for a Data Scientist to join our Payments Data Science and Analytics team and make meaningful contributions to our mission to streamline and optimize Uber’s global payment experiences.You will work with product managers, engineers, and fellow data scientists to craft the direction of one or more products within Payments. You will work on fast-paced, high-stakes problems reaching a global audience. A deep analytical passion and the ability to complete key business priorities is a must for this position. Note about the position: If you are interested in advanced modeling and putting models into production, this role is not it! We have an Applied Science team that works with on these types of projects. What You'll Do
- Analyze key data assets to understand our payment experiences.
- Develop and supervise strategic metrics and understand all underlying drivers.
- Design and run experiments to analyze the impact of product changes.
- Deep dive into data to evaluate proposed product changes and find opportunities for improving the user experience.
- Collaborate with product managers and other business leaders to make decisions based on data insights and experiment results.
- Communicate your findings to cross-functional peers and management.
- Bachelors or M.S. with a degree in Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, or other quantitative fields.
- 3yrs+ experience in improving products and extracting insights from data.
- You know SQL in and out and also are comfortable with using Python and R when needed.
- 3yrs+ experience in launching multiple experiments (such as A/B experiments) and an expert in experimental design and using statistical methods in exploratory analysis.
- Advanced experience with dashboarding/data visualization (i.e. Google Data Studio, Tableau, Mixpanel, Looker, or similar).
- Ability to work in a self-guided manner and deliver on tight timelines and prioritize tasks while maintaining quality and detail.
- Strong communication and organization skills and ability to communicate with a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Data engineering/pipeline creation experience.
- Prior experience within the payments industry.