Counsel, Product & Commercial, Mexico
Mexico City, Mexico
Posted on Thursday, September 7, 2023
About The RoleThe Legal Product & Commercial Counsel based in Mexico City will be responsible for providing commercial, contractual and corporate legal advice to the organization in a wide variety of matters related to the different Uber products and sub-products (mobility, delivery and new lines of business)), focused on Mexico and occasionally interacting with other teams in regional or global projects. What You'll Do
- Work closely with our Mexico team and other members of the legal department on contracts, marketing, corporate and product matters.
- Be an active partner, and ensure the provision of timely business-focused advice, to a variety of lines of business including but not limited to product development, delivery partnerships, business development and advertising.
- Work on contracts such as technology agreements, promotional agreements, sponsorships, partnerships as well as general procurement and marketing and advertising initiatives in the country.
- Take responsibility for ensuring we have the right processes and tools available to enable the team’s capability to scale as the business does.
- Provide strategic and proactive legal advice to internal business groups. It’s our job to peer round corners for the business and ensure that we are well positioned for the future.
- Understand, interpret and apply current regulations as applicable to Uber’s business models in Mexico and your areas of responsibility.
- The position requires a Law Bachelor’s Degree.
- 6+ years of experience as an attorney preferably within a recognized legal firm, a multinational company, or a private equity firm, but we will consider other candidates with relevant experience as well.
- Corporate, Commercial and Regulatory experience (technology, and telecommunications is desirable)
- Legal Drafting, Commercial and Corporate Law
- Fluency in both English and Spanish are required.