Counsel, Insurance Legal
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, September 7, 2023
About The RoleUber is changing the world, and we’re looking for a Counsel on the Insurance Litigation team to help us do it. The Insurance Legal team works closely with our Risk team to structure insurance programs to manage Uber''s global business risks. We write insurance policies, manage regulated insurance entities, and work closely with the Insurance Legal and Insurance Business teams on insurance coverage matters arising in connection with Uber’s North American P2P, Delivery, Livery, and Occupational Accident insurance programs. What You’ll Do
- Work closely with the Insurance Legal and Insurance Business teams on insurance transaction matters for Uber and its entities, ranging from Program Administration Agreements to Affinity Marketing Agreements to b2b programs and reinsurance arrangements
- Provide support on existing and proposed regulations, including engaging directly with insurance regulators.
- Work across the business and legal teams on risk management initiatives
- Collaborate with team members for operational efficiency and process revision
- Partner with the global insurance litigation team on insurance coverages and regulatory efforts
- Help support the corporate insurance program - D&O, E&O, EPLI, Cyber coverage work, and claims support.
- J.D. and license to practice law in at least one state.
- Minimum of five (5) years of insurance legal experience in private practice, in-house, and/or government.
- Experience with workers’ compensation, occupational accident, commercial general liability, and commercial auto insurance and engaging with regulators and/or legislators on insurance regulation/legislation.
- At least two (2) years of in-house experience is highly preferred.
- Excellent business judgment and high comfort level advising senior leaders on legal issues related to technology and/or software platforms.
- Strong interpersonal skills and highly collaborative with both business leaders and legal groups, with a strong ability to build relationships, gain credibility, and partner across functions to build consensus.
- Clear communicator, team orientated, and willing to take initiative while thinking two steps ahead.
- Confidence and flexibility to operate in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment.
- Passionate about your work and a desire to have a big impact.
- Embody the highest standards of integrity, ethics, and accountability.
- Enthusiastic about Uber!