Senior iOS Engineer - CX Team
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, September 7, 2023
About The RoleThe Rider Consumer Experience (CX) team’s goal is to help Uber become the “operating system” for urban life. This means helping expand customers’ perception of Uber from a place you go to get a Ride, to a place you go to go anywhere and get anything. We help product teams and Uber's many lines of businesses (verticals) accelerate development by providing a consistent, flexible and easy way to integrate into the core of the Rides app.This is a unique opportunity for an engineer and strong collaborator who can work with talented people in product, design, data science, operations, and engineering to help build our next-generation consumer experience products. It's a very high impact role where you will interface with all major product & platform teams at Uber.As an Engineer on the CX Platform team, you'll contribute to building the core product experiences and infrastructure powering our flagship Uber app, which directly impacts millions of lives each day. For example, imagine being able to build capabilities that empower riders to book multiple rides simultaneously, or build a widget on the home screen that guides riders to their pickup locations at airports. What You Will Do
- Build and own product platforms that allow the app to scale, unlocking partner teams to build into the core flows without compromising the experience.
- Design & Engineer our latest product solutions and platforms from inception through to delivery at Uber scale.
- Track the success of your feature experiments, collaborating with Data Science, Design, and Product teams to iterate on delightful user experiences.
- Coach and mentor less experienced engineers or new engineers joining the team.
- Your ideas get to shape the direction and strategy in solving some of Uber’s hardest problems, you’ll have a key seat at the table in how we turn ideas into magical solutions for our customers.
- Influence teams by advocating best practices in software development.
- Work through multi-functional partners across Uber teams to drive consensus and ship your features.
- Collaborate and brainstorm with peers including Engineering, Product, Operations and Business partners
- PhD or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field OR 3-years full-time Software Engineering work experience, WHICH INCLUDES 2-years total technical software engineering experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Native iOS
- iOS swift, iOS objective C
- Experience creating and leading technical architecture for a consumer facing app with millions of users.
- You have hands-on experience with efforts geared towards platformization, ensuring solutions are not just innovative but are also extensible and scalable.
- You have passion for elevating performance, reliability, quality and efficiency of the app and its components.