Principal Mobile Engineer - Delivery Presentation
Seattle, WA, USA
Posted on Friday, September 8, 2023
About The TeamThe Delivery Presentation team builds and maintains the core customer experiences within the Uber Eats app, as well as the mobile and backend platforms that power the overall user experience.We’re empowering the hundreds of engineers that shape the Uber Eats customer experience to dream bigger and innovate faster than ever before. About The RolePrincipal engineers at Uber have a deep impact across a wide variety of business and technology decisions spanning multiple projects and locations. They are passionate and pragmatic technologists who are able to design scalable systems while delivering efficient code. They are not only collaborative role models, but also approachable leaders with a point of view within a larger group.They are humble teachers, technically mentoring a team of passionate engineers while also delivering uniquely challenging projects. A Principal-level Engineering role at Uber is special. Engineers at this level represent the top 2% of Engineers at Uber.As a Principal Engineer on the Delivery Presentation team, you''ll provide technical leadership to all mobile engineers at Uber and influence product strategy on the Uber Eats app, that directly impacts millions of lives each day. This is a unique opportunity for a seasoned engineer and strong collaborator who can work with talented people in product, design, data science, operations, and engineering to help build our next-generation consumer experience products. It''s a very high impact role where you will interface with all major product & platform teams at Uber. The role requires strong communication, leadership and technical chops. What You’ll DoSOFTWARE ENGINEERING
- Consistently writes and documents high-quality code to solve strategically important problems; improves, role models, and promotes coding best practices; leads cross-organization development and adoption of key frameworks.
- Provide high quality code and design review feedback to other engineers; defines, evangelizes and leads the adoption of standards and best practices within the organization for code and design reviews.
- Evangelize technologies and their appropriate application across organizations.
- Cultivates a culture that values training and documentation within their organization such as technical writing for engineers (e.g. API, onboarding, operations runbooks), or users (e.g. user guides, training content, Engucation, Stack Overflow responses).
- Foresees architectural problems and/or opportunities that the organization will face a year out. Works with engineering leadership to address them before they become an issue.
- Make intelligent bets on high-impact innovations and uses good judgment to fail fast when necessary.
- Sets standard for architecture best practices across organizations.
- Design long-lasting engineering artifacts that reduces complexity, balances eng-wide migration cost, increases developer velocity, or improves efficiency and reliability across multiple organizations.
- Takes a critical area impacting multiple organizations and up-level the technical trajectory of that area directly and indirectly over several years.
- Creates an inclusive environment to promote open communication and leverages the ideas/opinions of others from diverse perspectives and encourages team members to recognize their value.
- Builds strategic relationships with internal stakeholders (e.g. engineers, product managers, designers, operations representatives) and external partners to deliver on organizational goals.
- Serves as a representative for the organization to the broader internal and external technical community.
- Demonstrates the ability to lead org- wide engineering projects through all lifecycle stages. This includes idea inception, stakeholder engagement, collaboration, requirements gathering, design, balancing priorities, implementation, productionization, and operations.
- Makes, embraces, and rallies org decisions that are good for Uber, even if that results in challenges for the individual or for the direct team or org.
- Inspire & rally engineers in their org to deliver on the technical vision, making the right tradeoffs with a bias for action
- Provides technical leadership and guidance to multiple teams to ensure effective delivery of project or organizational goals and objectives.
- Designing and building large engineering projects, including launching more than one generation of a Mobile application to millions of users.
- Experience with iOS or Android application development
- Familiarity with modern mobile frameworks