Engineering Manager For Payments (India)
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2023
About The RolePayment Engineering is looking for Engineering Manager (EM 2) to lead the Payment Earner Cash-out (Disbursements) team in Bangalore.It is a high impact role which will require working with multiple stakeholders across regions to build a platform ensuring every single earner on Uber Platform is paid on time. In the role you will be also get to work with our Payment Ops team to understand the nuances around various region earner payments.Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
- What You Will Do ----
- You’ll manage one of most critical part of the Uber's Payment Systems
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders to determine product roadmap that aligns with the broader company vision
- Be responsible for roadmap execution and delivery of projects with high quality
- Grow, coach, and develop a team of software engineers
- Recruit high-quality engineering talent for the team
- Help define the engineering culture and uphold the processes that will shape the future of the team
- What You Will Need ----
- Experience as a technical leader and manager for at least 3+ years.
- Experience leading engineering teams in parallel execution against high-stakes business goals and extensive engineering priorities.
- Experience partnering across functions and organizational boundaries to effectively advocate for team, business, and company priorities.
- A strong ability to architect and design robust, high-scale systems and to challenge engineers to think bigger and more generically in developing their solutions.
- A strong business sense and ability to challenge and partner with product managers and business stakeholders.
- A track record of delivering results in fast-paced and highly ambiguous environments.
- Excellent communication and analytical ability. We need someone who can quantitatively analyse the business value of engineering decisions and articulate a narrative about their importance.
- Experience in building global payment systems.
- Accommodations may be available based on religious and/or medical conditions, or as required by applicable law. To request an accommodation, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.