Director of Merchant Strategy, Sales, and Operations, Uber Eats Taiwan
Sales & Business Development, Operations
4 Árboles, Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico · Taiwan
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2023
About The RoleUber Eats Taiwan is seeking a dynamic and strategic-minded individual with a strong general management profile to join our team as the Director of Merchant Strategy, Sales, and Operations. In this senior leadership role, you will play a pivotal part in shaping our merchant selection strategy, driving sales growth across multiple products, and strengthening merchant experience and quality. Your proven managerial depth will be crucial as you lead and mentor a large team, working collaboratively across departments to deliver exceptional value to both our company and our merchant partners. What You’ll DoMerchant Strategy & Growth
- Develop and execute a comprehensive merchant selection and sales growth strategy aligned with the company's overall business objectives.
- Analyze market trends, competitor activities, and customer feedback to continually refine the merchant strategy.
- Prepare strategic presentations for executive reviews, providing actionable insights and recommendations.
- Lead, mentor, and inspire a sizeable sales team in acquiring and deepening merchant partnerships across multiple products.
- Establish ambitious sales targets and performance metrics, monitoring progress and making data-driven adjustments as needed.
- Regularly analyze sales data and key metrics to assess performance against goals and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Provide executive coverage and build long-lasting relationships with key merchant partners.
- Implement data-driven analytics to identify opportunities to improve Merchant Quality and Experience.
- Optimize operational processes related to merchant onboarding, ongoing support, and compliance with local regulations.
- Establish a long-term sustainability strategy for food packaging.
- Recruit, mentor, and lead a high-performing team of strategy, sales and operations professionals.
- Provide comprehensive leadership and managerial support, building a culture that upholds Uber Values.
- Foster collaboration with local, regional, and global cross-functional teams including marketing, product, finance, and customer support to ensure alignment and seamless execution of merchant strategies.
- Proven track record of 12+ years of experience in general management, consulting/investment banking, and commercial roles. Experience leading and managing large sales teams is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Strategy, or related field. MBA preferred. Ability to speak Mandarin is a plus.
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills, with the ability to translate data into actionable insights.
- Demonstrated success in building and leading high-performing teams, with the ability to understand, coach and inspire a large sales team to achieve ambitious sales targets.
- Ability to work effectively in a matrixed environment with cross functional stakeholders.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment and adapt to evolving business needs.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.