Driver Onboarding Team Lead
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2023
About The RoleCommunity Operations is pioneering how Uber manages support for our community of rider and driver partners around the globe. Uber COE are contact management centers dedicated to providing world-class customer support to riders and drivers. Uber relies on the COEs to provide support for our community's toughest issues types, and provides an environment to pilot support for new products or test new support modalities or processes.Build, operate, scale and improve Community Operations with a heavy focus on solving problems through data analytics and leading teams to deliver stellar outcomes. Continuous process improvement, advocating passionately on behalf of our community to influence the overall customer experience, and managing stakeholder relationships across the larger business to set the right expectations and deliver on them. Your Impact In Role
- Operations Management: Manage a group of our Community Specialist Teams and be responsible for all the operational goals of the LOB
- People Management: Be a great people manager, while building a solid team culture
- Process improvement: Identify operational and structural weaknesses and help improve existing or develop new processes and driving high compliance
- Program/project management: Be a multi-tasker, supporting projects across the LOB and you’ll be the go to person for many key initiatives within the COE
- Problem Solving: Have a knack for solving problems and dealing with with issues in a structured and calm way
- Decision making: Apply existing processes and policies and make decisions based on these guidelines. When the guidelines are not clear, engaging stakeholders to align on creating one for future use.
- Stakeholder management: Engage strategically with stakeholders, be it city function leads or vendors to influence business goals and priorities, central global teams to improve internal tools and the overall user experience, or local teams.
- Clear communicator: You are a clear and concise communicator with the ability to synthesize a lot of information quickly, highlight the key takeaways, and disseminate actionable insights
- Explorer: The ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role. Self-starter attitude is a must!
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution: We need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength
- A high bar across the board: From your own contributions, to the people you work with, to the products you work on
- Ability to work with remote teams and across time zones to develop strategies and foster a cohesive and creative work environment.
- Strong Excel / data management
- 3-5 years of experience in customer support/operations management/general management
- 2-3 years of experience in leading a small team (5-10 team members) - preferred
- Ability to work with remote teams and across time zones to develop strategies and foster a cohesive and creative work environment
- Problem Solving: Excellent critical thinking and Outstanding problem solving skills
- Language: Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Cantonese and English