Applied Scientist II - Eats Pricing
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2023
About The RoleWe are hiring an Applied Scientist II for the Eats Pricing team! Our team is developing algorithms to find the perfect price every time an agent makes a decision within our marketplace.We use elements of modeling, causal inference, forecasting, and optimization to design prices that dynamically align both customers and partners interests while maximizing on the value created by the marketplace. What You Will Do
- Develop algorithms for optimizing prices at scale.
- Design pricing experiments and use data for model training and pricing decisions.
- Use data to understand product performance and to identify improvement opportunities.
- Present findings to senior management to advise on business decisions.
- Collaborate with multi-functional teams across fields such as product, engineering, operations, and marketing to drive system development end-to-end from ideation to productization.
- Ph.D., M.S. or Bachelors degree in Statistics, Economics, Machine Learning, Operations Research, or other quantitative fields. (a minimum of 2+ years of applicable industry experience for candidates without Ph.D).
- Knowledge of underlying mathematical foundations of statistics, machine learning, optimization, economics, and analytics.
- Knowledge of experimental design and analysis.
- Experience with exploratory data analysis, statistical analysis and testing, and model development.
- Ability to use a language like Python or R to work efficiently at scale with large data sets.
- Proficiency in languages like SQL.
- Strong communication skills, including through documentation and presentations.
- Experience working in a marketplace-related problem space, esp. pricing optimization
- Experience designing large-scale price experiments and using the data for pricing decisions.
- Experience designing model architectures for pricing algorithms.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and a strong passion to learn and grow