Sr Operations and Strategy Manager, Uber Eats - Barcelona
Posted on Friday, September 15, 2023
About The RoleAs a Sr Operations and Strategy Manager, you will own the Uber Eats business in different cities to keep making it grow and improve its financial efficiency. To do so you will have to make sure we always offer a best-in-class experience to all of our users (customers, restaurant & courier partners) on a daily basis but also define a long-term strategy and deliver on it.You won’t be alone to reach this mission!First, you will lead a local team of 2+ (Sales, Account Managers) to make it happen. You will also need to build strong relationships with the teams based in Madrid and Barcelona to get the support you need. What You'll DoWith your team, you will be responsible for the development of your market at 360°: marketplace, restaurants & couriers partners, local marketing actions, budget, and external stakeholders management.
- Strategy: Lead your market by defining business priorities, setting ambitious timelines to reach those goals, and take financial decisions
- Lead a local team: We have local teams on the ground that will help you run your business. That's why we look forward to hiring optimistic leaders: developing these teams while crafting the organization is key to our long-term success.
- Develop & Optimize Processes: Uber is a company that moves fast and does things at a large scale. You will help design processes; whether it be prospecting, onboarding, account management, training, etc. to fuel growth and drive efficiency.
- Local Courier and Restaurant Partners Relations: Grow the number of partners on the platform, handle partner development, monitor metrics, and ensure high-quality experiences on the Uber Eats system to provide the most reliable food delivery service.
- Data analysis: Uber wouldn't be Uber without all of our data! You will autonomously build analyses and dashboards for the team.
- Work closely with the Operations Team to implement new processes and products in your city portfolio - and other Territory teams to foster alignments.
- At least 7-8 years experience in operations management, management consulting, data analysis, and strategy work in a large business or growing startup
- Highly data-driven decision-making and business judgment through analytical thinking
- Willingness to lead a market and grow the Uber Eats business there
- Strong team leadership skills to build and mentor the best team to make it shine
- Ability to take initiative and easily adapt to the constantly-changing work environment
- Willingness to be proactive and in contact with our courier and restaurant partners.
- Hands-on and eagerness to implement operational schemes in your own city portfolio
- A creative mindset and enjoy putting in place initiatives to solve practical issues
- Native Spanish and proficient English