Regulatory Operations Specialist
Posted on Friday, September 15, 2023
About The RoleAt Uber, we strive to deliver safe transportation to all users of our application. By ensuring we are adhering to all of our Regulatory and Compliance requirements associated with our Rides business, allows us to safely operate in 58 jurisdictions across the UK and Ireland.Our Regulatory Specialist team is responsible for collecting all relevant regulatory informationand ensuring the relevant persons are appropriately informed in line with our Service Level Agreements. By doing just this, we maintain a positive relationship with internal and external regulatory contacts which is a key priority of our UK&I Rides Business. The right candidate for this role is interested in working with data, proactively seeks out opportunities to discover unique and exciting ways to solve problems, drive process excellence and delivers premium support to our Licensing entities. What You'll Do
- Execute a number of Regulatory related tasks in line with our licensing conditions across the UK and Ireland
- Liaise effectively with regulators on all issues with regard to regulatory reporting.
- Ensuring that confirmed reportable events are escalated to the appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
- Strive toward meeting or exceeding our Regulatory KPIsAct as a point of escalation for any queries that need further clarification or attention
- Work with our key stakeholders in fleshing out any complex or niche cases that you are investigating
- Identify and resolve any blockers that may present themselves to you in a professional and timely manner
- Be an advocate for our Regulatory vision and mission
- Excellent English both spoken and written.
- High proficiency using computers (typing, quickly navigating between various tools)
- Exceptional reading comprehension and writing skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and find speedy resolutions.
- Skilled at handling multiple issues at once to efficiently solve a large number of inquiries.
- Work time will be shift based totalling 40 hours per week.
- Weekend and weekly evening shifts are required.
- Bachelor's degree or college experience preferred.
- Experience working in Regulatory affairs preferred but not required
- Support experience in a high-volume environment, including service industries, retail, hospitality or other support environments.