Industrial Relations Lead
About the Role
Uber Delivery is looking for a Strategy & Operations Lead to drive the vision, strategy, operations and execution for both gig economy regulatory discussions and general compliance efforts for our Delivery Partners. Delivery partners (DP) are one of Uber Eats’ most important partners who deliver food and groceries from merchants to consumers. This role will help shape the future of work and the gig economy in Taiwan. Our mission is to make Uber Delivery the preferred platform for restaurants, delivery partners and eaters across Taiwan!
Your Impact in Role
- Vision & Execution: Own, build and manage the vision, roadmap, OKR, and execution of delivery partner compliance efforts.
- Strategy: spearhead work and scenario planning on Delivery Partner earnings, insurance and other benefits related to gig economy reforms (e.g. earnings analyses and scenario planning business impact).
- Problem Solving: Implement solutions and tackle ambiguous regulatory and business questions through quantitative and qualitative analyses and in-depth understanding of the compliance and regulatory needs related to delivery partners (e.g. building insurance plans, deciding on tax decisions based on tradeoffs).
- Stakeholder management: Orchestrate and bring together the work of a wide range of cross-functional team members, across levels of seniority, including Legal, Public Policy, and external stakeholders to ensure strong compliance and business results. Represent Uber in external communication and meetings.
The Experience You'll Bring
- 6+ years of experience in related fields such as consulting, technology, analytics, strategy, operations and compliance.
- English and Mandarin Chinese proficiency.
- Inherently curious by nature, you can break down ambiguous problems by applying structure and using data-driven and qualitative insights to solve them.
- Strong stakeholder, leadership and project management capabilities, you should have the ability to zoom out to see the big picture as well as zoom in on key operational details, while leading cross-functional teams to achieve common goals.
- Ability to gather, structure and analyze quantitative data (Excel is a must; SQL a big plus).
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.