Senior Accountant, Accounting Systems
About the Role
This position is a hybrid role (in office 50% of the time) and you must be located in or willing to relocate to Dallas.
We are looking to hire a highly motivated Senior Accountant on our Accounting Systems team focused on supporting all organization-wide data governance activities and process improvements!
You will have the opportunity to train BlackLine and Oracle users, build and facilitate process improvements in a multifaceted environment, and support a multitude of projects. You will act as a cross-functional business partner to support accounting, finance and FinTech partners, implement automation and drive improvements to optimize the month-end close. You will work in a dynamic environment and be able to recommend and implement process improvements, work independently, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously!
What You'll Do
- Perform system administration and act as liaison between the accounting partners and the system support team (FinTech)
- Collaborate with Global Business Service (third party service provider) team to automate and streamline processes
- Train and oversee activities of Offshore teams
- Partner closely with business partners from various departments including accounting, finance, internal audit, project management and FinTech
- Take ownership of the accounting systems, keep up with system updates, create reports, analyze data, and escalate issues when needed
- Lead process improvement and automation initiatives through projects including system integration, enhancement, and implementation
- Enhance existing processes and internal controls, perform and maintain assigned internal controls
- Support external audit activities and ongoing internal audits
- Complete special projects and other ad hoc assignments as needed
- Design and deliver related training to cross-functional partners
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, information systems, or related field
- Minimum 3+ years of professional experience
- Experience with large-scale ERP or accounting systems (Oracle and BlackLine preferred)
- High attention to detail, critical thinking, problem-solving and analytical skills, combined with a good business judgment
- Strong organizational skills along with an aptitude for information technology
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills (V-Lookups, Pivot Tables, etc.)
- Experience working within high-tech corporate environment
- Team player, self-starter, with ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal skills, and positive attitude
- Experience reviewing work of others, including outsourced service providers
- Strong understanding of GAAP and public company audit requirements
For Dallas, TX-based roles: The base salary range for this role is $97,000 per year - $108,000 per year.
You will be eligible to participate in Uber's bonus program, and may be offered an equity award & other types of comp. You will also be eligible for various benefits. More details can be found at the following link https://www.uber.com/careers/benefits.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.