Investment Strategy Manager II, Performance Marketing
About the Role
We are looking for an Investment Strategy Manager to lead investment strategy across our global Performance Marketing organization. While this role will report to the Investment Strategy & Planning lead within Performance Marketing, it will work in close partnership with senior team members, at times serving as project leader and strategic advisor to our Performance Marketing leadership team. It is a role that requires a combination of deep strategic expertise, curiosity, and grit with excellent judgment and discretion.
The ideal candidate is highly self-directed and has strong experience in investment and business strategy as well as driving executive-level communications and stakeholder management. They will also be comfortable with making decisions under uncertainty and working cross-functionally with key partners across Marketing, Operations, Data Science, Finance, and more to solve Uber’s toughest challenges, advocate for high-return initiatives, and drive greater investment rigor within the Performance Marketing team.
What You'll Do
- Build global investment strategies and frameworks to guide funding allocation decision making across Performance Marketing.
- Lead a principled approach to investment decisions across our portfolio of markets and channels.
- Define critical metrics and requirements for unlocking additional funding, especially for investment lines with lower levels of maturity.
- Develop reliable forecasting tools to facilitate the financial planning process and that account for the different dynamics of each Performance Marketing channel.
- Work closely with Data Science and Marketing Finance on forecasting methodology and execution.
- Continuously monitor forecasting accuracy and iterate to improve.
- Guide Performance Marketing measurement strategy to ensure it is aligned and supports our investment strategy.
- Analyze key business questions across Mobility, Delivery, and Platform to identify growth opportunities.
- Gain leadership alignment on recommendations and influence decisions to drive implementation.
- Be a thought partner to leadership to support the growth of Uber.
- 7+ years of experience in finance or management consulting including ability to make decisions under certainty; and adapt skills to different industries / contexts including Marketing.
- Strong analytical and financial modeling background.
- Advanced SQL/Google Sheets proficiency.
- Bachelor's degree.
- MBA degree.
- Self-directed: Highly-proactive, organized, self-starter capable of effectively managing several projects at the same time.
- Problem solver: Never hesitates to dive right in and address something hands-on, persevering and finding solutions.
- Expert stakeholder manager: Can collaborate with leaders and team members at all levels in a global, matrixed organization.
- Clear communicator: Strong communication skills (written & verbal) with the ability to synthesize complex ideas and deliver a clear narrative to a variety of audiences.
- Performance Marketing experience.
For New York, NY-based roles: The base salary range for this role is USD$148,000 per year - USD$164,000 per year.
For San Francisco, CA-based roles: The base salary range for this role is USD$148,000 per year - USD$164,000 per year.
For all US locations, you will be eligible to participate in Uber's bonus program, and may be offered an equity award & other types of comp. You will also be eligible for various benefits. More details can be found at the following link https://www.uber.com/careers/benefits.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.