Staff Software Engineer, Catalog Platform
About the Role
Whether it’s a sandwich, a burrito, or groceries, the Uber Eats team builds technology to connect people with what they want, when and where they want it. Uber Eats is home to a team of engineers tasked with creating an app to fuel our three-sided marketplace of eaters, delivery-partners, and restaurants.
What you’ll do
This Denmark Eats Engineering team is responsible for building product catalog and inventory system that powers the Uber Eats experience and related verticals, such as groceries. This is one of the foundational components of the Eats architecture, as it interfaces with merchants, powers our local graph, and serves recommendation to our customers. The system is designed to be highly-available and highly-scalable to support our global operation.
- Relevant degree (B.Sc, M.Sc, Ph.D) in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience (8+ years)
- Experience coding with C++, Java, Python, or Go
- Enjoy building high quality software that is relied upon by millions of people around the world.
- Comfortable working with ambiguity in constantly evolving environment
- Experience working in large scale distributed systems
- Experience in building performant distributed systems with focus on correctness and consistency
- Experience with distributed databases
- Experience with large-scale eCommerce or Content-Management Systems
- Batch and/or Streaming computation platforms
- (Openness to) Fullstack experience
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.