Restaurant Operations and Analytics Manager
About the Role
Uber Eats is looking for a Restaurant Operations Manager who can play a critical role to ensure that we are the most loved delivery platform by our 100,000+ restaurant partners and merchants. This role calls for a combination of deep operational skills to get great work done, experience managing continuous process improvements with attention to detail and excellent stakeholder communication, and a keen interest in using data to track and constantly improve operational efficiency and effectiveness.
We currently onboard thousands of restaurant and merchant partners onto our platform each month. You empower our merchants to succeed on our platform by providing them with necessary tools and solutions and ensure the efficiency of onboarding operations and processes while delivering a magical onboarding journey. You also manage multiple suppliers and vendors to ensure a stable and scalable procurement process.
This role will work with many external and internal stakeholders, including Sales, Operations, Product, and Legal. You are a bridge and a connector for the team, contributing to high-impact, high-visibility projects that keep us moving forward. You will also manage a team of EXTs to handle procurement and onboarding-related BAU (Business As Usual) activities.
Your Inpact In Role:
- Engage closely with both external vendors and internal stakeholders to devise and enhance processes that improve the onboarding experience.
- Oversee and manage relationships with external vendors to ensure timely deliverables, negotiate contracts, and collaborate with cross-functional internal teams to optimize service quality and cost-effectiveness. A crucial part of the role is ensuring a stable and scalable supply chain, adapting to evolving needs and markets, thereby aligning with our strategic objectives and operational requirements
- Make strategic business decisions and recommendations on the appropriate data sources, tools, and visualization and delivery methods to leverage the information.
- Build and develop robust relationships with cross-functional leaders including Sales, Product, and CommOps to successfully launch new merchant facing products and features in the market.
- Create and maintain trackers and dashboards to monitor the team's OKRs and vendor performance.
- Manage a small team of EXTs (3-4 people) to drive continuous BAU operational improvements.
- Fulfillment and Logistics Management
- Photo Shooting Process Management
The Experience You'll Bring
- Native Japanese and Business English
- 3-5+ years experience in a dynamic environment, ideally with operational and analytical experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Operations Management, Computer Science, Statistics, or a related field
- Excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Problem solver with strong project management and organizational skills
- Track record of operating independently, demonstrating creativity, being detail-oriented, and delivering results at a large scale
- A builder’s mentality - comfortable developing something scalable where nothing existed before.
- Data-driven decision-making mentality and sound business acumen through analytical thinking to assess process performance and financial viability.
- Analytics skills
- Advanced proficiency in Google Spreadsheets/Excel with extensive knowledge of its diverse functions
- Basic knowledge of SQL and database management
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.