Operations Manager, France
About the Role
We are currently hiring for 2X Operations Manager with similar role scope.
- Taxi Operations Manager
- Driver Operations Manager
As the Operations Manager, you will work with the Head of Driver Growth and Head of Marketplace for France, to outline Uber’s strategy across the 20 + cities where we are present. You will work on projects that aim at growing and consolidating the partner-driver base for Uber, and offering the best driver and rider experience through an efficiently managed marketplace.
This is a strategic role that calls for a combination of savvy analytics, critical thinking and strong operational execution. This role also calls for highly adaptable profiles that are keen to take on different issues and will demonstrate ability to push new initiatives, positively challenge the existing and make the role what they want it to be.
What You'll Do
- For Taxi Ops: Lead key projects, from strategic scoping to hands-on execution, that will contribute to (i) grow the number of PHV-Taxis drivers in France (ii) improve the experience and retain already active drivers
- For Driver ops: Lead key projects, from strategic scoping to hands-on execution, that will contribute to make Uber best-in-class on Compliance and Risk management and contribute to the Uber reputational growth.
- Adapt products, features, processes to France in coordination with ops and product teams all over the world
- Put yourself in our partner-drivers’ shoes to identify their challenges and problems. Design innovative and efficient solutions to solve them
- Measure and understand deeply the performance and run “real world” tests & experiments.
- Build actionable dashboards tracking you and your team’s critical metrics with our reams of data
What You'll Need
- Minimum 3 years of shown experience of operations management / management consulting / investment banking / strategy work in a large business, or of growing a startup
- Strong analytical skills - Excel, SQL (or eager to learn quickly)
- Data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- Strong sense of ownership, accountability and entrepreneurial spirit
- Curious and eager to learn - you are interested in all things and can build up skills and knowledge very fast to become a recognized subject matter authority amongst your peers
- Problem solver and creative solutions driven approach
- High EQ – you take care of partners, influencers, and riders with no problem
- Flexible and forward thinking - we need someone sharp and eager to play with different models to help us scale
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.