Senior Clinical Development Engineer
Vicarious Surgical is hiring a Senior Clinical Development Engineer to join the Clinical Engineering team in Waltham, MA.
The Clinical Development Engineer uses their detailed knowledge of human anatomy, medical technology, and the surgical environment to work collaboratively with engineers, scientists, and clinicians to define, develop, model, and validate the clinical function of the tested feature that meets the requirements of the procedure and needs of users. They interact with robotic sub-system and R&D teams to provide clinical leadership and insights that drive development decisions.
Additionally, Clinical Development Engineers will support procedure development and the execution of labs to identify, evaluate and confirm value propositions across various techniques, procedures and specialities.
Vicarious Surgical is a next generation robotics company developing a disruptive technology with the goal of increasing the efficiency of surgical procedure, improving patient outcomes and reducing healthcare costs.
This is a terrific opportunity for an experienced medical device professional to join our company at a very exciting time and be a key member of a team that will bring our robotic solution to the market, offering a cost-effective path to improving patient outcomes and increasing the efficiency of surgical procedures for hospitals.
- Develop clinical product requirements for the robotic platform and its subsystems by leading studies in clinical and simulated use environments.
- Collaborate with marketing partners and clinicians to identify and understand clinical needs.
- Conduct testing to validate the safety and efficacy of our robotic platform, including study planning, protocol development, data acquisition, analysis/interpretation, reporting and vendor management.
- Assess and document clinical risks, and identify appropriate mitigations.
- Use an analytical approach to identify potential clinical advantages and procedure recommendations.
- Support regulatory documentation and submissions.
- Provide subject matter expertise to user manual and training documentation development.
- Perform other duties as required to support the company’s overall strategy and goals.
- Minimum B.S. in Biomedical Engineering, or similar discipline.
- Minimum 7 years of experience within the medical device industry, min of 5 years with advanced degree.
- Experience working with surgeons in an operating room environment.
- Knowledge of human anatomy, surgical terminology, and surgical techniques.
- Experience with bench/pre-clinical model development.
- Prior experience working with multidisciplinary teams.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Proven success recognizing critical issues and driving them to closure.
- Ability to travel up to 20%, domestic and international.
Together, we share a love for learning and we are passionate teachers. As a company, we set ambitious goals and individually, we share in that ambition. At the office, we enjoy each other’s company during monthly socials and company celebrations.
Please note that at Vicarious Surgical, we follow COVID-19 safety protocol, which may include compliance with vaccination, testing and masking requirements.