Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, July 8, 2022
Machina Labs is a smart manufacturing company backed by major investors in AI and Deep Tech (Innovation Endeavors, Lockheed Martin Ventures), founded in 2019 and based in Los Angeles, CA. We are on a mission to build the factory of the future through the development of modular manufacturing solutions that allow our customers to rapidly produce and iterate on their designs by utilizing our robotic sheet metal forming platform. Using our first-of-its-kind software and robotics solution, we are delivering unseen innovation to industries such as aerospace, automotive and space exploration. At Machina Labs, we believe anyone can become a crafts(wo)man and bring that attitude to our work every day, come and join us!
The Manufacturing Engineer plays a key role in creating the internal manufacturing procedures, specifications, documenting processes, and developing manufacturing methods that provides standard work in the Production Department. The Manufacturing Engineer will deploy continuous improvement methods leveraging lean methodologies to reduce waste. This role will partner closely with our Process Development Engineering team and technicians to ensure timely delivery of parts to our customers.
What You'll Do
- Capture and document current cell deployment methodologies and provide improvements during the order of operations.
- Source and visit outside suppliers to verify capabilities and ensure quality performance.
- Work with Process Development Engineers in standardizing robotic forming process towards production readiness for higher part volumes.
- Create internal procedures to ensure quality conformance for future AS9100D Certification.
- Conduct time studies, PFMEA, and Kaizen events related to continuous improvement activities.
- Design fixtures, tools, and or other items needed on the shop floor.
- Utilize MRP system to create work instructions issued to technicians on the shop floor.
- Create bill of materials for procurement of internal parts and assemblies in MRP system.
- Leverage Value Stream Maps to review current state and predict future state based upon improvements.
- B.S. of Engineering in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Industrial, Aerospace, or related engineering field.
- 2 years of manufacturing industry experience.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced and intense startup environment.
- Ability to create and edit quality procedures using PC.
- Experience working in fast-paced production heavy environments within the manufacturing industry
- Experience in a manufacturing engineer role at an ISO9001/AS9100 Certified facility.
- Worked in a job shop or manufacturer with forming, machining, or sheet metal capabilities.
- Experience with Material Resource Planning (MRP) software.
- Prior participation in lean, safety, and compliance activities.
- Authored and/or revised technical documents (i.e. quality procedures, work instructions, process specifications, RCCA investigations, technical reports, etc.).