Business Intelligence MBA Associate
Operations, Data Science
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, June 8, 2023
Established in 2019 by aerospace and automotive industry veterans, Machina Labs is a cutting-edge smart manufacturing company based in Los Angeles, California. The company is building the first commercial robotic sheet metal forming solution that delivers production quality metal parts to a diverse set of customers and partners across many industries, such as aerospace, automotive, construction and marine.
The company’s core product is a robotic sheet metal forming platform that has limited fixed tooling and that can be reconfigured to manufacture new products simply by changing software. Machina Labs envisions creating software-defined factories that leverage artificial intelligence and robotics, eliminating the risk of obsolescence due to product changes.
We are backed by major investors in the AI and Deep Tech fields.
As a Business Intelligence Associate, you will play a crucial role in Machina Labs' market strategy and positioning. Reporting directly to our VP of Operations, you will lead multiple projects, both qualitative and quantitative, evaluating Machina's competitive performance against traditional sheet metal fabrication methods.
Working closely with our engineering, sales, and product teams, as well as engaging with customers and investors, you will develop a comprehensive business intelligence framework that maximizes Machina's market potential.
Your analyses and models will directly influence C-suite decision-making, aiding in prioritizing product roadmaps and shaping our go-to-market strategy. This position offers an exceptional opportunity to make a significant impact within a short period.
Your background in engineering, finance and/or management consulting gives you the quantitative prowess required to tackle complex models and trades.
Your ability to filter information effectively and communicate interdisciplinary parameters will be instrumental in bringing a business-oriented framework to the company's decision-making process.
Your strong sense of ownership and determination drive your desire to make a meaningful contribution during your time with the company.
- Collaborate with engineering, production, finance, and other teams to conduct comprehensive business studies comparing Machina's technology to traditional metal fabrication methods.
- Perform trade analyses and ROI modeling to provide insights that enable Machina to prioritize and understand the impact of product developments.
- Conduct primary and secondary research across various market verticals to inform our go-to-market strategy.
- Currently enrolled in a top graduate business program.
- 2+ years of experience in finance, management consulting, engineering, or a related business function.
- Exceptional communication skills and advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively with cross-functional teams, including engineering, sales, and finance.