Senior Mechanical Engineer
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, June 24, 2023
Machina Labs, founded in 2019 by aerospace and auto industry veterans, is a smart manufacturing company based in Los Angeles, California. Enabled by advancements in artificial intelligence and robotics, Machina Labs is developing software-defined factories of the future. The mission of the company is to develop modular manufacturing solutions that can be reconfigured to manufacture new products simply by changing the software. The company is currently working to build the first commercial robotic sheet metal forming machine. Machina Labs is funded and backed by major investors in the field of AI and Deep Tech.
Machina Labs is looking for motivated, energetic, and enthusiastic Senior Mechanical Engineers to join our Engineering team who are working on new robotic systems for sheet metal forming. As a Senior Mechanical Engineer, you will be responsible for creating, designing, and improving mechanical systems, components, and products. You will play a key role in the product development process, ensuring that our products meet high quality standards that are reliable, and perform optimally. You will work closely with sales, design, and account managers to design innovative concepts and efficient solutions. You will also be in communication with vendors to ensure that technical aspects are clearly communicated. You have strong knowledge of mechanical systems, machinery, and processes. You are a go-getter, relationship builder, incredibly organized, and loves working in a fast-paced environment.
- Design and Development: Responsible for designing and developing mechanical systems and components. Work with CAD software to create detailed models, drawings and specifications that can be shared with account managers and vendors. This includes selecting appropriate materials, determining dimensions and tolerances, and ensuring functionality, and safety.
- Documentation and Reporting: Generate technical documentation, reports, and specifications to communicate design details, project progress, and test results. Maintain accurate records of design changes, modifications, and project documentation.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Collaborate with project team members and contribute to project planning, set goals, and manage timelines and resources. Foster effective communication.
- Proven experience in mechanical design and development, preferably in a relevant industry
- Proficiency in Solidworks CAD software
- Experience with sheet metal and welded structure design
- Experience with the application and use of GD&T and tolerance analysis
- Experience with machining, milling and turning
- Experience with change management systems like Solidworks PDM and PLM systems
- Experience with prototyping, testing and validation of mechanical systems and components
- Effective communication and teamwork skills, with the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Detail-oriented with a focus on quality and continuous improvement
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated, adaptable, and willing to take initiative in a dynamic work environment
Nice to have
- Experience with Robotics
- Experience with electrical systems design, wiring, harnessing and electrical enclosures.
- Experience with FEA simulation using Solidworks Simulation.