Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, November 22, 2023
Machina Labs, founded in 2019 by aerospace and auto industry veterans, is a smart manufacturing company based in Los Angeles, California. Enabled by advancements in artificial intelligence and robotics, Machina Labs is developing software-defined factories of the future. The mission of the company is to develop modular manufacturing solutions that can be reconfigured to manufacture new products simply by changing the software. The company is currently working to build the first commercial robotic sheet metal forming machine. Machina Labs is funded and backed by major investors in the field of AI and Deep Tech.
The Quality Manager plays a key role in creating the internal procedures and quality systems that ensures our customers are satisfied with our products and services. The Quality Manager will drive continuous improvement and work with stakeholders through the entire process to enhance quality for our customers. It will be a key position as Machina works towards AS9100D certification of facility and quality system.
The role will develop standardized procedures to ensure consistent quality performance, FMEA, work with process engineers in applying statistical tools, root cause analysis, problem solving techniques, and identify opportunities for process improvement. The individual will participate as the internal auditor and prepare appropriate documentation to enhance consistency and training efforts and ensure compliance.
This position requires access to information controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), the successful candidate must be a "U.S. person" as defined in the ITAR and EAR (which generally means (i) be a citizen or national of the United States; or (ii) be a lawful permanent resident of the United States; or (iii) have been admitted to the United States as a refugee, or have been granted asylum, as specified under applicable law.
● Prepare, document, and communicate quality procedures.
● Analyze and report findings of production customer returns (RMA) and internal rejections (NCR) Issues.
● Create and own Quality Manual and development of related documents.
● Follow-up and verify the effectiveness of Corrective and Preventive Actions.
● Manage relationships with customers, suppliers and internal Machina Labs personnel for quality related issues.
● Perform audit of suppliers as deemed necessary.
● Conduct technical/statistical studies (PPAP, SPC, FMEA, MSA, First Article Reports, etc.).
● Participate in the development and implementation of quality related policies and procedures based on corporate and government/customer requirements, while working towards AS9100 certification.
● Review process and documentation to measure adherence to the quality standards, customer flow down and AS9100 requirements.
● Manage internal surveillance activities and external audits (e.g., third- party accreditation, customer, and government, etc.).
● Develop, revise, and implement compliant quality procedures.
● Coordinate with Operations, Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, etc. to resolve issues and drive continuous improvement and monitor updated processes.
● Create and manage Approved Supplier List.
● Take ownership of acceptance test procedures related to internal and external cell activities certification process.
● Develop the procedures and process related Material Review Board (MRB) activities, failure analysis and corrective action investigations, and assist in the timely dispositioning and processing of nonconforming material.
● Review contract flowdowns and quality clauses to ensure requirements are met.
● B.S. of engineering in mechanical, manufacturing, industrial, aerospace, or related engineering field.
● 5+ years of industry experience.
● Desire to work in a fast-paced and intense startup environment.
● Worked in an ISO 9001/AS9100 Quality Management System Environment.
● Ability to create and edit quality procedures using PC.
● Experience with Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, or equivalent).
● Experience in a quality manager/engineer role at an AS9100 Certified facility.
● Managed or participated in the certification process of a facility from a registrar to a recognized specification (ISO, AS9100, NADCAP, etc.).
● Prior participation in lean, safety, and compliance activities.
● Authored and/or revised technical documents (i.e. quality procedures, work instructions, process specifications, RCCA investigations, technical reports, etc.).