Product Management - Summer Internship
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, December 8, 2023
Machina Labs is on a mission to build the factory of the future -- a factory where designers and engineers rapidly iterate on physical products and scale out production on demand. We began our journey in 2019 and since then have been backed by major AI and Deep Tech investors (like Innovation Endeavors and Lockheed Martin Ventures), and we count NASA, SpaceX, Tesla, and the U.S. Air Force.
As a Summer Intern in Product Management, you'll have the opportunity to learn and contribute to the planning and release lifecycle of our sheet metal manufacturing system, called Roboform. This role offers a unique blend of hardware and software experiences, exposing you to advanced robotics technology. You'll assist in defining, building, and releasing projects that span from robot end effectors to control systems to factory management software. Your internship will be a deep dive into the world of robotics, providing a hands-on experience in a dynamic and innovative environment.
This role is based out of the Machina Labs HQ in Los Angeles, which houses our offices, system assembly bays, and active Roboform cells.
What You'll Do
- Support the management of key metrics related to manufacturing automation and customer success.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Program Management, and end users to learn about scoping and designing new features.
- Help manage project lifecycles, including documentation, timeline management, and customer education under guidance from members of the Product team.
- Participate in technical planning and sprint management across Robotics, Software, and Mechanical engineering teams.
- Engage in problem-solving activities related to hardware and software aspects of robotics.
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives by providing feedback and ideas from a fresh perspective.
- Join customer conversations to understand their goals and how our tech advances their mission.
Who You Are
- Your interests and abilities lie at the intersection of business problems, user experience, and robotics technology.
- You are proactive and curious, eager to learn about complex robotics systems.
- You possess strong analytical skills and are capable of breaking down complex problems into manageable components.
- You have a collaborative mindset and are enthusiastic about working in a team environment.
- You are currently pursuing or have recently completed an undergrad or masters degree in engineering or a related discipline; or you are currently pursuing an MBA and have an engineering background (education or work experience).