Production Manufacturing Engineer - Intern
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2024
Machina Labs, founded in 2019 by aerospace and auto industry veterans, is a smart manufacturing company based in Los Angeles, California. Enabled by advancements in artificial intelligence and robotics, Machina Labs is developing software-defined factories of the future. The mission of the company is to develop modular manufacturing solutions that can be reconfigured to manufacture new products simply by changing the software. The company is currently working to build the first commercial robotic sheet metal forming machine. Machina Labs is funded and backed by major investors in the field of AI and Deep Tech.
The Manufacturing Engineer intern plays a role in supporting the creation of internal manufacturing procedures, documenting processes, and developing manufacturing methods that provide standard work in the Production Department.
This position requires access to information controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), the successful candidate must be a "U.S. person" as defined in the ITAR and EAR (which generally means (i) be a citizen or national of the United States; or (ii) be a lawful permanent resident of the United States; or (iii) have been admitted to the United States as a refugee, or have been granted asylum, as specified under applicable law.
- Work alongside technicians in running robotics cells and assembling components related to supporting our process.
- Partner with Senor Manufacturing Engineers in developing an internship project that could be used in our process.
- Participate in relentless improvement initiatives.
- Design tools aides that would be used in Production.
- Perform time studies in processes for improvement.
- Present lessons learned at the end of the internship highlighting milestones.
- Working towards a degree in engineering in mechanical, manufacturing, industrial, aerospace, or related engineering field.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced and intense startup environment.
- Experience with Office Suite (Work, Excel, PowerPoint or equivalent)
- Experience with parametric design software (Solid Works, Pro/E, UX, etc.)
- Has a great attitude and wants to make a lasting impact in the manufacturing field.