IT Systems Admin Intern
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, January 30, 2024
Machina Labs, a Los Angeles company founded in 2019 by SpaceX and Novelis industry veterans, is building software-defined factories of the future. Enabled by advancements in artificial intelligence and robotics, they are already making parts for companies in Aerospace, Defense and Automotive industries. The mission is novel and disruptive because their facilities can be reconfigured to manufacture new products simply by changing software which eliminates the cost of tooling and building dedicated factories. The company is currently working on commercializing their robotic sheet forming machine funded by major investors in the Deep Tech and AI space.
As an IT Systems Administrator Intern, you’re excited to learn and help build IT functionality for our team. The ideal candidate takes initiative, is detail-oriented, a strong communicator, and thrives in a fast-paced work environment. You’re an individual who possesses a strong ability to prioritize and complete tasks independently; you must have a growth mindset, know how to stay self-motivated and demonstrate a positive attitude. You are team player and work effectively in a highly collaborative environment. You’re passionate and motivated by propelling humanity through building the next generation of manufacturing technologies which reduce waste and enable humans to build things that were not previously possible.
- Device lifecycle management for our employees including office IT equipment and networks.
- Support new hire On/Off-boarding: prepare new hire hardware, maintain local inventory, and assisting new hire orientation.
- Triage IT/helpdesk requests that come up in service management systems and in person.
- Support the installation, configuration and maintenance of software, hardware, and SaaS applications.
- Access management and support to the core internal IT services and tools, including but not limited to: Windows (10/11), O365, Azure, and Teams Administration.
- Participate in the management and maintenance of network infrastructure.
- Create, document, and implement standard operating procedures.
- Support and maintain ISO 27001 / AS9001 compliance and security related development activities
- Currently enrolled in a relevant degree program (Computer Science, Information Technology, etc).
- Windows and Linux administration fundamentals.
- Basic understanding of IT systems, networks, and hardware.
- Experience with any kind of coding or scripting language.
- Practical interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Eagerness to learn and contribute to a collaborative team.